Monday, October 3, 2011

Well...Isnt this awkward?

So, two outings with this cutie and ive already seen her out her clothes once and half naked twice. Interestingly enough, Whitney's beau Adam hit on the first night so im falling behind. But you know what? The show airing @ 9:30 Thursdays is actually funny, if not disturbingly honest. and who says the truth cant be funny? The pilot episode basically pieces together all the promos that we were bombed on us over the summer which left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. Whitney and Adam seem like a couple with a few miles on the track, and even a little too used to each other. In both episodes the conflict seems to be some types of relationship issue that exists in Whitney's mind and it completely blows over Adams head. (mostly because it honestly doesnt exist and he's just a confused man anyway) And the wayward advice of the couples' supporting cast (two for each, one the extreme opposite of the other) doesn't help much. Whitney's awkwardness really helps her out through all of these situations. I know that doesn't sound right, but Whitney's hilarious fumbles are what finally hits Adam in the head, literally in the pilot. Whitney's "Way" melds with Adam's "What" and the TV couple are all the happier because of it.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't got to watch the show yet, it seems like it could have some potential. But it also seems like the type of show that may not be able to hold a significant audience to remain a show. Do you think Whitney can survive a whole season, and come back for a second?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been able to see the show yet. I've been planning on catching it on demand one of these days. I love Whitney Cummings' stand up so I have high hopes for this show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE fan of "whitney"...then again remember viewing in my house is a compromise, not a dictatorship...this show seems like unlicensed couples therapy...my girl and i find ourselves laughing at certain moments saying to ourselves "remember when we did that"...although not as extreme...but that takin it too far for the screen keeps us stitches on thursday nites...hopefully for a long time

    ReplyDelete